OFFICIAL RELEASE NOTES: 1.1.4 / ÄIJÄNPÄIVÄNJÄRVI, EARLY ACCESS
Try pronouncing that name, you’ll be pretty much doomed, if you aren’t a Finn, and will probably sue Jolla for cramped tongue or something.
But it is finally here. The 184.108.40.206 is finally available for early access download.
- Split keyboard in landscape mode, with option to turn it off
- IMAP implementation now has support for idle/push
- Maps now supports landscape orientation
- Facebook API has been updated to 2.2, which unfortunately causes loss of features (chat or contacts sync, see the end of the roadmap email)
- Better swipe feedback
Don’t ask about the unreadable color I used. It’s unquestionable!
That’s not enough? Read here for the full list of changes. It’s really too long and if I paste it here, it’ll be a waste of space!
But there are known issues that you should know if you are going to update the phone:
OS UPDATE PROCESS
- Currently, checks on available disk space happens very late during the OS upgrade process and will fail in the installation phase if the disk space is low. Normally there should be an error note asking you to free some disk space and try again, but in some marginal cases it might not be shown. Should this happen, free some disk space and try to install the OS update again.
- OS update may fail due to some other reasons too, for example it may have installed some packages from the new release and still have something left from the old. If the device can boot up, you can try to recover by doing the following. If not, you can attempt to recover the device using the recovery mode.
- Delete the file /home/nemo/.cache/store-client/os-info
- Stop the store-client process (for e.g. pkill store-client)
- Reopen Settings app, check for updates again and attempt to install the OS update again
- We have also noted that if the OS update is attempted while there is long queue of installation of apps from the Store, the system may end up in mixed state (for e.g. select all the apps from startup wizard, and start the system update already while the apps are being installed).
- In such cases, the OS update appears to be stalled, however it is just waiting for the installations to complete before attempting to upgrade the OS. Just wait patiently, the worst thing to do here is to reboot the device!
Wenn jemand eine Übersetzung braucht, bitte einfach hier melden!